Teaching young people basic art, music theory and team building competency.
Developing art skills in young people to align with current and emerging technology.
Reinforcing and expanding on their education with a focus on STEAM.
Teaching natural artists to embrace the artist within, through creative expression.
The AM Project was created in 2015 by a group of artists and educators to carry out the mission of empowering youth with arts and music. The AM Project has adapted our unique and progressive digital arts and music program to support local non-profits, high schools, public libraries and city parks, exciting youth with a new way to express them selves, igniting their creative side.
Our digital arts and music program introduces kids (K-12) to the basics of DJing and Music Production. Depending on the class, requirements, resources and timeline, we develop a music curriculum for students to learn music theory, DJ equipment, new technology and how to work as a team. With our in classroom (on campus) and our online curriculum (in beta) we hold our standards to be reflective of TEKS, ISTE and National Standards with a measure of impact in place:
Short Term / Changes We Expect: (Knowledge / Awareness / Attitudes)
Increased knowledge and awareness of:
- Art and music theory, skills, history, and production
- Artistic ability and talent
- Opportunities, careers, businesses, and emerging technology
- Priming their own appetite to explore and learn
- Tapping into their own desire to graduate from high school in order to enter art or entertainment businesses
- Future opportunities for higher education and employment
- Relationship skills / working with other students / deadlines
Medium Term Changes We Expect: (Behavior / Skills)
- Elevated skill sets
- Develop mid-level skills in specific area
- Improved attendance at school
- Passing STAAR
- Improved GPA
- Advancement to the next grade
- Increased confidence, self-discipline, and monitoring
- Development of educational or vocational goals
- Increased number of developmental assets
Long Term Changes We Expect: (Social Conditions)
- Increasing number of professional musicians and artists
- Increased professionalism and ability to earn a living wage in the artistic community
- Increased high school completion and number entering college
- Greater recognition for successful professional artists and musicians