Teaching young people basic art, music theory and team building competency.
Developing art skills in young people to align with current and emerging technology.
Reinforcing and expanding on their education with a focus on STEAM.
Teaching natural artists to embrace the artist within, through creative expression.
The AM Project was created in 2015 by a group of artists and educators to carry out the mission of empowering youth with arts and music. The AM Project has adapted our unique and progressive digital arts and music program to support non-profits programs, high schools, public libraries, community / city organization and homeschoolers, exciting youth with a new way to express them selves, igniting their creative side.
Introducing digital arts and music programs to kids (K-12), they’ll learn the basics of DJing and Music Production. As we inspire students, they learn valuable skills and values that help them to complete their educational goals and influence their professional years.
Working hand-in-hand with you, our courses and programs will accommodate your requirements, including class size, units / time and resources. Our classes and programs are offered both in classroom (on campus) and online curriculum (in beta) for our core programs DJing, music production including music theory with add on workshops like graphic design, creative writing, and graffiti art. Our standards are reflective of National Standards with a measure of impact in place:
Short Term Impact: Knowledge / Awareness
Increased knowledge and awareness of:
- Art and music theory, skills, history, and production
- Artistic ability and talent
- Opportunities, careers, businesses, and emerging technology
- Priming their own appetite to explore and learn
- Tapping into their own desire to graduate from high school in order to enter art or entertainment businesses
- Future opportunities for higher education and employment
- Relationship skills / working with other students / deadlines
Mid Term Impact: Behavior / Skills
- Elevated skill sets
- Develop mid-level skills in specific area
- Improved attendance at school
- Passing STAAR
- Improved GPA
- Advancement to the next grade
- Increased confidence, self-discipline, and monitoring
- Development of educational or vocational goals
- Increased number of developmental assets
Long Term Impact: Social Conditions
- Increasing number of professional musicians and artists
- Increased professionalism and ability to earn a living wage in the artistic community
- Increased high school completion and number entering college
- Greater recognition for successful professional artists and musicians